My Life Story Book for older people with dementia is easy to compile, with space for photographs and personal memories – tips for use included.
Our easy-to-complete workbook, designed by Activities to Share, makes a great shared reminiscence activity.
Information can be gathered slowly over a period of time and noted down in the life history book. Photos or pictures can be added where appropriate.
The value of documenting a person’s life history is priceless – here are just some of the benefits.
- Helps to engage family, friends, activity coordinators, and carers with the person and their life, both past and present.
- Serves as a valuable contribution to care planning by focusing on the individual’s needs, preferences, history and lifestyle.
- An ideal way for carers, managers, support staff, and volunteers to make a genuine connection with their residents.
- Provides people with dementia with an improved sense of identity and self-worth.
- Book headings provide a guide for conversation prompts and include: My Precious Memories, My Hobbies and Interests, Favourite Pastimes, Special People, Faith, Significant Dates and many more.
We have included a page of useful guidance notes to assist staff in providing more relevant activities for the individual.